editSuggest an edit

Richmond Township

Public Services / Government Office

34900 School Section Rd,
Richmond, MI 48062

(586) 727-8998

Call
Call 586-727-8998
Directions
Get directions to this
location on Google Maps.
Website
Open website
in new tab.
Share this business
on social media.

About

The Township of Richmond was organized under legislative authority March 6, 1838. The new township comprised with its boundaries Town 5 North, of Range 14 East. Richmond Township received its name from the suggestion of Phillip Cudworth, in memory of his former home in Ontario County, New York. The first township elected officials were, Supervisor Hiron Hathaway, Clerk George Perkins, Assessors John Hicks and Jesse Huff. William Simmons and John Hicks were Overseers of the Poor.